Archive for January 2010
Eyes Lips Face (e.l.f.) is hosting a 75% off treasure hunt today (although the e-mail says it was on the 11th some readers are finding the 75% off items). They always have tons of $1.00 items.
I just recieved my free minature make up kit today along with 2 eyeliners. I can’t wait to try them!
There are a ton of coupon codes below that are currently working however they are unable to be stacked.“2010” will give you 10 free $1 products with a 20.00 order
“FREEFIVE” will give you $5 off your total (pre-shipping)
“NEWSHIP” free shipping on any $10 order
“BEAUTYATALLAGES” will give you 50% off total (pre-shipping)
“DEAL50” will give you B1G1 50% off
“ECREDAY” will give you a free wristlet when you purchase 10.00 or more
“POLISH” free manicure set with a 15.00 purchase
‘LOYAL” free miniature makeup kit with any $20 purchase
By 23-years-old, Montag has gone under the knife many times. In her most recent trip to the plastic surgeon, the magazine is claiming she had 10 procedures in one day!
Scary stuff. We think she was more beautiful before the surgeries.
Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
1 1/2 lbs ground round beef
1 onion chopped
1 cup peas *we prefer fresh diced green beans (1/4 inch) instead
1 cup diced carrots
1 can corn
1 1/2 – 2 lbs potatoes (4 big ones)
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes)
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt 4 Tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick) in large frying pan
- Sauté onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 mins). If you are adding vegetables, add them according to cooking time. Put any carrots and/or green beans in with the onions. Add corn either at the end of the cooking of the onions, or after the meat has initially cooked.
- Add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then add half a cup of beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist
- Mash potatoes in bowl with rest of butter, season to taste (you can add sour cream or cheese to the potatoes if you’d like)
- Place beef mixture into baking dish. Distribute mashed potatoes on top. Rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. You can use the fork to make some designs in the potatoes as well.
- Cook in 400 degree oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes). Broil for last few minutes if necessary to brown.
The country was hit by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake yesterday. It seems all the hospitals in Port-au-Prince fell, so those injured are not able to get the medical attention they require.
Our hearts go out to the people of Haiti.
“We are devastated by the news from Haiti. We will work closely with our good friend Wyclef Jean to support the humanitarian efforts on the island and help those who have been injured and left without homes and shelter.”
It’s great to see celebrities putting those millions to good use and helping others.
“We have decided not to have any future groups on our ships booked on this theme,” said Carnival spokeswoman Jennifer de la Cruz. “There were not any particular issues on board. However, we simply made the business decision not to have future groups book on this theme.”
There’s going to be some unhappy laddies now. Perhaps Royal-Carribean can pick up the slack?