Archive for the ‘food’ Category
Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
1 1/2 lbs ground round beef
1 onion chopped
1 cup peas *we prefer fresh diced green beans (1/4 inch) instead
1 cup diced carrots
1 can corn
1 1/2 – 2 lbs potatoes (4 big ones)
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes)
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt 4 Tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick) in large frying pan
- Sauté onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 mins). If you are adding vegetables, add them according to cooking time. Put any carrots and/or green beans in with the onions. Add corn either at the end of the cooking of the onions, or after the meat has initially cooked.
- Add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then add half a cup of beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist
- Mash potatoes in bowl with rest of butter, season to taste (you can add sour cream or cheese to the potatoes if you’d like)
- Place beef mixture into baking dish. Distribute mashed potatoes on top. Rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. You can use the fork to make some designs in the potatoes as well.
- Cook in 400 degree oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes). Broil for last few minutes if necessary to brown.
In preparation for Super Bowl XLIV (taking place Feb. 7 in Miami), here is one of Pace Kitchens’ favorite recipes, to help make your party more festive and memorable:
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 35 min.
Makes: 24 pieces
12 chicken wings or 24 chicken drumettes
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1. Cut off chicken wing tips and discard. Cut chicken wings in half at joint. Place chicken into foil-lined shallow baking pan.
2. Stir picante sauce, honey and ginger in large bowl. Toss chicken with 1/3 cup of picante mixture.
3. Bake at 500°F. on lowest oven rack 35 min. or until crispy and cooked through, turning chicken over once halfway through baking. Remove chicken and toss with remaining picante mixture.
Get a free sample of gourmet salt ($2.50 value) from Beyond The Shaker when you subscribe to their enewsletter. You’ll get a coupon code after entering your email address . Then select the sample for free from the 23 varieties (shipping is free). After you add your sample to your cart, you need to enter your coupon code at the top right before you “Proceed to Checkout”. No credit card information is asked for.
Who drinks milk? I know we go through tons of it. So this is a great give away for my family. I just found this great deal and all you have to do is enter this sweepstakes for a free year of milk. I did it and it was so easy! The coupon is “Get a Free Half-Gallon of Chocolate Milk when you buy 2 Gallons of White Milk” (any brand, maximum value $3.00). Enter the Great Gallon Giveaway sweepstakes and the first 125,000 entries can print two coupons.
The coupon expires in one month. Enjoy!
Pepsi is offering a new coupon for a free Fresco Taco at Taco Bell with the purchase of any large fountain drink! Print it here.
This coupon isn’t as good as the free offer but still a marvelous deal!
This video is so funny. Take the bad breath test yourself.
I just ordered mine. Just pay shipping and handling (3.99) and get your first OraBrush Free!