Archive for the ‘Women’s Health’ Category
The country was hit by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake yesterday. It seems all the hospitals in Port-au-Prince fell, so those injured are not able to get the medical attention they require.
Our hearts go out to the people of Haiti.
Degree wants to hear from real women just like you!
Testers will be asked to use Degree Women Natureffects™ and complete a survey, providing your feedback. Results will be shared on Lipstick Powder N Paint in February.
All you have to do is complete a short qualification survey (please click here) before January 10, 2010. Accepted product testers will be notified via email on January 12, 2010.
An alarming amount of parents can get overwhelmed, particularly in the first few weeks of bringing the baby home. This could be a lot less of a stressful experience knowing some tips from the experts beforehand.
BornFree, the leading chemical and BPA-free baby product manufacturer has provided some tips below to guide first time parents in ensuring a more pleasant experience for mom, dad, and baby:
1. Get your home in order before the baby arrives: Clean, organize, and find a place to store all baby products, so they can be easily accessible.
2. Find the places that are open all night and who will deliver to your home – keep a running and accessible list of nearby pharmacies, grocery stores, etc. and have these numbers readily available.
3. Keeping your baby safe is the most important. Products that are BPA and chemical free are essential.
4. Try and lock down a sleep schedule ahead of time to adjust to both your needs and your baby needs. Taking turns between parents is a great way to ensure both parties are tending to the baby while taking care of their own health as well and getting as much rest as they possibly can.
5. Read up beforehand and don’t be afraid to ask your pediatrician questions before the baby even arrives in your home such as what to expect for feeding, sleeping and general care of your child.
About Born Free: BornFree™ has developed a range of products baby bottles, cups and accessories that is totally free of the potentially dangerous chemicals Bisphenol-A (BPA), Phthalates and PVC. According to researchers, BPA may cause developmental and neurological problems if it leaches from plastic.
We all know how important it is to exercise, but sometimes life gets a little too busy to squeeze in a workout. So what can you do to get exercise in your daily routine?
Wellspring Camps offers the following tips to stay in motion while at work and school. According to the experts, just walking and counting your steps can result in hundreds of calories burned. Here are some simple tips to help you get your workout on:
- Record steps per day on a calendar posted at your desk
- Seek parking spots and further away from destinations
- Walk to lunch destinations whenever possible
- Make a game out of guessing the number of steps it takes to go from one place to another
These small steps (no pun intended) will put some exercise into your busy day!
To follow Marvelous Girl on Twitter, click here.
Here is your chance to try the Slim-Fast bar. You can get a free sample of Slim-Fast Peanut Butter Crunch Time snack bar from Sam’s Club (no membership number required). Click on the yellow button “Get a Sample Now”. You should receive your free sample within about 4 weeks.
1. Studies Link UV Exposure to Melanoma: According to a definitive new study by researchers at The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, the genetic mutations that lead to melanoma are primarily caused by UV exposure.
2. Tanning Beds Increase the Risk of Nonmelanoma Skin Cancers: People who use tanning beds are 2.5 times more likely to develop squamous cell carcinoma and 1.5 times more likely to develop basal cell carcinoma.
3. UV Exposure Causes Skin Aging: Up to 90 percent of the visible changes commonly attributed to aging are caused by UV exposure.
4. Tanning is No Longer Fashionable: Celebrities, models and fashion insiders all know tanning is no longer in style.
5. Proposed tax on indoor tanning: The U.S. Senate’s approval of a 10 percent excise tax on the use of indoor tanning beds as part of the new healthcare reform bill (H.R. 3590) is an important step forward in the fight against skin cancer. To sign a letter in support of this tax, click here.
So if you want a tan you should look for sunless solutions like spray-tan instead. According to George Van Horn, an IBISWorld senior analyst, “sunless tanning accounted for roughly 11 percent of tanning-salon revenues two years ago and may reach as high as 17 percent for 2009. And as technology improves for the spray tan, most industry insiders predict that it will continue to lure customers away from traditional tanning beds.”
To learn more about the tanning salon business, click here.
The new year is here and the Atkins diet is back. For a free kit to get started, click here. Your Atkins Kit will include:
– Atkins Quick-Start Guide
– The Atkins Comprehensive Carb Counter
– 3 FREE Atkins Bars
Your Atkins FREE Quick-Start Guide will be sent to you via U.S. Mail arriving within 10-14 days. It will contain everything you need to get started on the Atkins Nutritional Approach right now, including three Atkins bars. There is no obligation required. Open to U.S. residents only. Limit one per household.
To follow Marvelous Girl on Twitter, click here.