Posts Tagged ‘coffee’
We all seem to go a little overboard at Christmas time. So here is a way to save a little money and enjoy a warm drink. Peet’s Coffee and Tea will be giving away free coffee and tea all day December 24th!
Click Here for a location near you!
Ikea is giving away free breakfast!! (one small breakfast plate and a cup of coffee ($1.98 value), December 26 – January 3 until 11 a.m.
After 11 a.m., Kids Eat Free ($2.49 value) and no adult purchase is required.
This is a great way to spend time with the family and save money, click here to find a location near you!
The holiday party season is in full swing and with it comes mistletoe, tree lightings and of course cocktails! When planning celebrations, Hood River Distillers recommends making the drink menu creative and seasonal with concoctions that highlight a party’s theme and set a festive tone:
SnowPak: This layered cocktail packs in three distinct flavors to warm guests up. Select your favorite tall, narrow, clear glass, preferably a liqueur glass, chilled carefully. Layer in this order:
1/2 ounce Monarch coffee liqueur
1/2 ounce Knickers Irish Cream
1/2 ounce ULLR Nordic Libation
So you partied a little too hard at your bachelorette party, huh? For those who can’t muster the strength to get out of bed, let alone out of the house, Delivery.com will bring all of the hangover cure-alls right to your doorstep!
Here’s the Top 10 Items to Cure a Hangover from Delivery.com — for the girl who is telling herself, “I will never drink again.”
10) Cucumbers – No doubt the eyes need some major TLC to de-puff…
9) Ice pack – Applying a cold compress works wonders on a throbbing head.8) Tomato Juice – If you can’t stomach the “hair of the dog” with a Bloody Mary, then tomato juice contains sugar to help break down the alcohol in your stomach.
7) Coffee with Lemon – Lemon juice alleviates nausea and the caffeine helps shrink blood vessels that cause that pounding headache…
6) Crackers with honey – This naturally flushes the system to rid your body of alcohol fast!
5) Peppermints – Kills two birds with one stone by freshening breath and helps stop a churning stomach …
4) Gatorade – Dehydration is a major cause of a hangover; give your system a hydrating boost and replenish electrolytes with your fav flavor…
3) Bananas or better yet, banana milkshake – Bananas helps calm the stomach and the milk soothes the stomach and re-hydrates your system.
2) Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwich – The greasier, the better to soak up all those celebratory tequila shots and eggs help re-hydrate…
1) Advil – make it Extra Strength – no explanation needed…
Every Monday, from now through Aug. 3, McDonald’s is giving away FREE coffee! You can get one free 8-ounce mocha, hot or iced, anytime from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. That’s mochas only though.
McDonald’s is not considered a high-end coffee provider, but did you know its new premium coffee won a Consumer Reports taste test in 2007, beating out other fast-coffee vendors Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King and Starbucks?!
I guess it’s time to try some McDonald’s coffee, huh?
Researchers at the University of Florida say that regular coffee consumption may reverse memory problems associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
When testing this theory on mice, the reachers discovered that a group given caffeine tested better on “memory and thinking skill” trials than those given only water.
The BBC explained, “[T]he brains of the mice given caffeine showed nearly a 50% reduction in levels of the beta amyloid protein, which forms destructive clumps in the brains of dementia patients.”
Scientists discovered that caffeine limits production of two enzymes that form the harmful proteins. But scientists warn that there is still a great deal of research needed to study caffeine’s effects on humans before any serious claims about using the stimulant as a treatment drug can be made.
It’s no surprise that researchers are finding that caffeine reverses memory problems associated with aging. Caffeine has been a hot anti-aging ingredient in skincare for a while. In recent months, more indications of caffeine’s beneficial properties are surfacing. Caffeine-rich products, like Relastin Ultra Emollient, are becoming popular for their ability to smooth and repair skin.
Go to Dunkin’ Donuts today and get a small iced coffee for 50¢. Even better, 10 percent of that goes to the charitable organization Homes For Our Troops.
Homes For Our Troops helps severely injured veterans by building or adapting homes to be handicapped accessible. Read about some of our local heroes whom the fundraising helps through the work of Homes For Our Troops.
In addition to the coffee promotion, Dunkin’ Donuts will donate $1.00 of Camo Koozie ($2.99) purchases to Homes For Our Troops as well.
So hit up DD today! For a store near you, click here.