Posts Tagged ‘summer’
If you’re getting married this year, you have to check out these marvelous hair accessories! 2010 is all about the headbands and hairpins:
Instead of reaching for that ordinary glass of champagne this summer, try “watermelon-ade Sangria,” as a healthy, tasty cocktail:
3 bottles of Watermelon HINT water
1 orange, peeled and broken into sections
2 bananas peeled and sliced right before making the sangria
2 cups of seedless grapes, cut into halves
1 bottle of champagne
FYI – HINT water has no added sugar or preservatives.
2 (16-ounce) cartons vanilla low fat yogurt
2 ½ cups Driscoll’s Blackberries
½ cup light-colored corn syrup
¼ cup sugar
½ cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate (3 ounces)
In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine half of the yogurt, ½ cup of the berries, half of the corn syrup and half of the sugar. Cover and blend or process until almost smooth. Pour mixture into ice cream freezer container. Repeat. Freeze mixture in an electric ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove dasher from freezer. Add remaining 1½ cups berries and the chopped chocolate; stir to distribute.
*Note: To ripen frozen yogurt or ice cream, after stirring in berries and chocolate, cover top of freezer can with waxed paper or foil. Plug hole in lid and replace lid. Pack outer freezer bucket with enough ice and rock salt to cover top of freezer can, using about 4 cups ice and 1 cup salt. Ripen about 4 hours.
Nutritional Information Per ½ Cup Serving: 175 calories, 3g total fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 4g protein.
Yum! Everything about this salad embodies summer: raspberries, avacado and shrimp…marvelous! July is National Berry Month, so there’s no better time to enjoy this healthy summer dish.
Caribbean Summer Raspberry Avocado Salad
1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries, divided
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
1-1/2 teaspoons honey
1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup mild olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound cooked whole shrimp, 41-50 count size, about 24 total shrimp
1/4 cup diced mango
2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
4 cups mixed baby lettuce or spring mix
2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
- Blend 1/3 cup of the raspberries, vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drizzle in the oil while blending. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly, if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine shrimp, mango, celery, and onion in a medium bowl. Gently stir in remaining raspberries.
- Divide lettuce onto four plates and arrange avocado slices on top of lettuce.
- Top with shrimp raspberry mixture and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve with any remaining dressing on the side.
Fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry dressing is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Try this salad with a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 389 calories, 29.39g total fat, 4.20g saturated fat, 15.22g protein, 19.84g carbohydrate, 110.56mg cholesterol, 10.51g fiber, 188mg sodium
Summer is here and the last thing you want is sun-damaged skin. To get a fantastic glow while protecting your skin from the sun’s intense rays, Marvelous Girl recommends these products:
– Murad Vitamin C Infusion Home Facial Kit ($70 for 4 treatments) – this antioxidant-rich thermal mask is to be used once a week and reverses the appearance of aging caused by environmental damage, reduces the appearance of fine lines and encourages cell turnover. You’ll love the warming sensation. It leaves your skin brighter and smoother than ever!
– Murad Active Radiance Serum ($89) – this environmental aging treatment features Resilient-C™ Complex,a unique combination of three forms of Vitamin C that gives your skin 50 times the collagen-building, skin-brightening and cell-protecting power of ordinary topical Vitamin C treatments. You can use this serum daily and it leaves your skin looking so good you’ll feel confident leaving the house without makeup. Get a free sample by clicking here.
– Jason Natural Ester-C® Lotion ($15) – this facial cream promotes the natural creation of collagen to smooth away wrinkles and maintain a youthful complexion. You’ll love this lotion because it’s light, but extremely moisturizing without being greasy. You can use it day or night and leaves skin with a smooth, refined feeling.
– Mederma® Cream plus SPF 30 ($30) – The sun’s rays can make any existing scars look worse, but now you can reduce the appearance of scars and protect your skin from sun damage with this sunscreen by Mederma. Recently awarded with the American Academy of Dermatology Seal of Recognition, this is a must-have for the summer. Click here for a $2 coupon.
– EPIONE Signature Series Restoration Firm and Fade ($175) – For those with stubborn sun and age spots, you may have to spend a little more money. This great product was created by a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon and if it were any stronger you’d need a prescription. You’ll love this cream because it improves uneven skin tone, reduce wrinkles, and lightens or eliminates age spots, freckles and scars.
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to look fabulous on your wedding day. The true fashionista can find a jaw-dropping dress and still spend less.
If you’re a fashion and price-savvy bride, you have to check out ARIA wedding dresses. With sleek, romantic bridal gowns, ARIA wedding dresses are all under $500!
Marvelous Girl suggests: Styles 107 and 191
If you still think you need a couture dress, check out www.preownedweddingdresses.com/ for significantly discounted garments.
Keys, keys, keys! This summer it’s all about key necklaces. According to the sales woman at Tiffany’s, the key pendants are so popular the store just can’t keep them in stock!
The Tiffany keys come in gold, silver, and platinum with Celtic inspired designs, diamond details and an array of matching chains. Prices start as low as $100.
Because the jewelry industry is having a lacklustre year, expected to decline 3.1 percent according to IBISWorld, shoppers can find some great deals. “…[Tiffany] released a number of affordable key pendants earlier this year in response to changing customer needs…,” explained Toon van Beeck, senior analyst with IBISWorld.