Posts Tagged ‘dress’
The clothes are edgy, yet chic and sophisticated. And the best part is that the items are so reasonably priced. The collection is available in stores on Dec. 20 – we can’t wait!
Get the look:
1) Lace-Print Dress in Tan, $34.99; Lace Cardigan in Tan, also available in Black or Mustard, $29.99; Bow Belt in Gray Leopard, also available in Black or Yellow Leopard, $12.99; Lace Tights in Black, $12.99
2) Lace Cardigan in Mustard, also available in Black or Tan, $29.99; Lace Cami in Black, also available in Mustard, Magenta or Peach, $19.99; Lace and Tulle Skirt in Mustard, $29.99; Bow Belt in Black, also available in Gray Leopard or Yellow Leopard, $12.99; Lace Tights in Black, $12.99
3) Sequin Dress in Gray Leopard, $44.99; Lace Cardigan in Black, also available in Mustard or Tan, $29.99; Bow Belt in Gray Leopard, also available in Black or Yellow Leopard, $12.99; Lace Tights in Black, $12.99
4) Slip Dress in Black, also available in Mustard or Peach, $39.99; Bow Belt in Yellow Leopard, also available in Black or Gray Leopard, $12.99; Lace Tights in Black, $12.99
So many actresses were wearing sweetheart necklines at the Emmys last night: Jenna Fischer (pictured), January Jones, Kate Walsh, etc.
If you’d like to get the red carpet look for less, eDressMe has a huge selection of evening gowns that are very similar to those worn by television’s leading ladies last night.
The black Badgley Mischka evening gown pictured is available on eDressMe.com for $825. Just visit http://www.edressme.com/eg0033.html.
Ryan Kohnen, a 29-year-old entrepreneurial phenom and author of the book Young Professional’s Guide to Success, provided Marvelous Girl with the top 5 ways to dress for an interview for less than $100 below:
1) Go monochromatic. Dressing in one color is always polished and can make up for the fact that your suit isn’t Armani.
2) Develop a relationship with a tailor. Even a $20 pair of Gap dress pants are interview-worthy if they fit right.
3) Discount retailers and off-season sales are your friends. Last season’s perfectly fashionable castoffs can be yours for often one quarter of the price.
4) Separates are an option, especially in neutral colors. A navy cardigan can replace a navy jacket-especially when paired with a navy pencil skirt.
5) Limit jewelry. It can tend towards expensive or showy, and neither will do you any favors while you’re looking for work.
In Kohnen’s latest book he pulls together the advice of over 70 CEOs, top executives, and community leaders- people like Cindi Bigelow, President of Bigelow Tea Company; Hala Moddelmog, CEO of Susan G. Komen For The Cure; Essie L. Calhoun, Chief Diversity Officer of Eastman Kodak Company; and Ellen J. Kullman, CEO of DuPontÑand to not only help readers find jobs, but how to do it.
I love eco-friendly clothing, but it’s so difficult to find stylish pieces that don’t leave you looking like a unkempt hippie. That’s why I love the 100 percent organic clothing line by Nadia Nour, which combines style, sophistication and comfort, all while being earth-friendly.
Online dress retailer, eDressMe.com, is now exclusively carrying Nadia Nour. To celebrate the launch of the collection, eDressMe.com will be offering 50 percent off NEW styles from Friday, July 10th – July 31. So now you can get a fabulous cocktail dress and save the environment at the same time…proving you really are supergirl!
ABOUT NADIA NOUR
Each piece is made with organic and vintage materials, produced locally in New York’s garment district. Nadia’s love of dresses and skirts is apparent in her collection. Each piece is highly stylized, structured, soft, feminine and flirty.
I love vintage pieces, whether authentic or replicated, because they stand the test of time and always remain classic. Vintage wedding dresses are marvelous, but often difficult to find in good condition…and especially in your size! If you’re looking for a vintage-inspired wedding gown there’s a boutique in Burbank, Calif. called Unique Vintage that may just have the reminiscent style you’re searching for.
If you can’t make it to Burbank, you can order online at www.unique-vintage.com. Whether it be a period-themed party or event, you’re sure to find affordable replicates of the era’s you love.
Unique Vintage is located at 2013 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
With the same artistry and precision that sustains his namesake line, Gilles Montezin introduces his first bridal collection. The brand has long captured the hearts of women and loyalty of luxury retailers and stylists across the country—namely Kleinfeld, Saks Fifth Avenue, Patricia Field, and Sarah Jessica Parker. With this bridal collection Montezin also introduces a dynamic waist slimming construction, “Le Cinch™”.
Having built countless bustiers and corsets as a costume designer at The Opera Bastille in Paris, Montezin has an unmatched eye for tailoring. With a strong emphasis on cut and shape came the discovery of new boning and bodice construction methods. Coined by the designer himself, “Le Cinch™” is an abbreviated interpretation of the traditional corset that nearly doubles its predecessor’s figure enhancing effects. The dresses are less confining and achieve the perfect hourglass silhouette with unprecedented comfort. The slenderizing effects of Le Cinch™ offer a bride an instant reduction of two to four inches from the waistline! The collection is available in sizes up to 18W. Larger sizes are available via special order. Dresses range from $4,000 – $7,000 retail.
“I’m not looking to make a ‘statement’,” said Gilles. “Whether ready-to-wear or bridal I’m looking to make woman’s dreams reality; I’m looking to make women feel and look amazing!” Most recently Gilles’ work was featured in ELLE Sweden, Women’s Wear Daily, and on Sarah Jessica Parker in the film Sex and the City.
Something old, new, borrowed and blue – that is the wedding tradition – but this season brides may struggle to get something new. According to industry research firm IBISWorld, spending on rented bridal gowns is expected to grow 7.5 percent to $43 million – up from $40 million in 2008.
With brides renting dresses, sales of new wedding gowns are expected to decrease 2.8 percent this year, reaching just $973 million. While the decline is not as steep as the 4.2 percent drop experienced in 2008, the industry has seen declines since 2001. Brides who do purchase a dress will more likely buy their garments in high-end department stores, formal clothing stores, or online – like PreOwnedWedddingDress.com – opposed to a bridal store.
The one thing couples will not be renting this year is wedding planners. Compared to 2008, the amount spent on wedding planners is expected to drop 4.2 percent to $785 million. In fact, the average cost of a wedding is expected to drop eight percent in 2009 to just $20,000 – in 2007 the average was $30,000.
“The recession is expected to exacerbate the already declining marriage rate, as couples put off the ‘big day’ until the time is right financially,” explained Toon van Beeck, senior analyst with IBISWorld. “Spending will undoubtedly be impacted by such postponements.”